Sunday 12 December 2010

Sunday Bliss...

Today I've had an epiphany. I've at last, after 16 years of living, learnt to appreciate the truly ineffable beauty of a Sunday.

Before it would just be 'the day before school'  or 'the day left to do all the work on' , but today I've managed to lift the childish cover of these naive ideas, walk through the fog of misunderstanding and finally see the crystal clear,serene brilliance that is the 7th day of the week.

Anyone not yet at this stage, I urge you to pay attention when you open your eyes next Sunday. It's magical...


...Staying wrapped up and nestled in the comfort of your covers, while the delicate sunlight streams in through the window and dances across your pillow.
The gentle silence of the car-less roads and mellow humming of the Sunday birds.
Then there's that gorgeous smell of Mum's roast, wafting through the house. Hot gravy, crispy potatoes,succulent chicken breast, toasty Yorkshire puddings...their tantalising aroma trickling gently into your sun kissed room. The flavours dance under your nostrils, lulling your senses, caressing your body and soothing your soul.


It's a day to get things done, a helping hand with the workload. It's a day to relax, unwind and regenerate. It's a day that's essential to our society and the very core of our humanity. This day is Sunday, and we must NEVER take it for granted.

3 comments:

  1. Roma,
    Sundays truly are a treat and a blessing in life! Thank you for checking out and following my blog! I wanted to return the favor! I replied a longer reply to your comment back on my blog, so feel free to check that out. But wanted to stop by your page as well and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss, you have such a gift. Not only in the poetry of your prose, but also in the little things you seem to take note of. I love it! You write about such ordinary topics in an extraordinary way, and you notice and value the things that most others wouldn't. Don't stop :)

    Sadly, my Sundays are much less relaxing. Church is early, then staying after for small group, then off to work from 2 to 10. TWO TO TEN!! No rolling around in the sheets with sunlight on my pillows - but next time I feel stressed, I'll come back to this post and be thankful that there's at least someone who can have a blissful Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if I don't have Sundays like this, I still have at least one day a week that I treat like 'Sunday' ^_^ Enjoying life like this is glorious!

    ReplyDelete